With the adaptable wet lab suites in Building I, Innovation Research Park @ ODU has created a unique space with lease terms and conditions that match the needs of today’s bio researchers and start-up companies.
These labs are outfitted with the infrastructure (fume hoods, safety features, bench space) to enable immediate occupancy. Their proximity to the Frank Reidy Center for Bioelectrics at Old Dominion University, the research centers of Eastern Virginia Medical School, Portsmouth Naval Hospital, and leading companies, such as LifeNet Health, make them the ideal wet lab location in Southeastern Virginia.
- Five 24 ft. by 52 ft. size suites (approximately 1248 sq. ft.), including wet lab and support areas
- A flexible lab support area adaptable for each suite’s needs
- 34 LF of perimeter painted steel lab casework with epoxy resin counter tops and integrated sink.
- 30 LF of center painted steel lab casework with epoxy resin counter tops, grounded backsplash, adjustable open shelving and under-counter box and file drawers.
- Perimeter plug mold for optimal equipment flexibility.
- One 6 ft. Open Bypass Fumehood equipped with:
- Operable Combination Sash Opening, face velocity of 100 FPM
- Painted steel acid storage base cabinet
- Painted steel solvent storage base cabinet
- Two duplex GFI receptacles
- Digital Face Velocity Alarm System
- Interior Gas Fittings
- ASHRAE Standard 110-1995 Testing Complaint
- Flexible leasing terms to meet NIH, NSF, etc. grant durations