Innovation Research Park @ ODU is the only combination Class A office and wet/dry lab
space available in Hampton Roads that sits within federal and state incentive zones, providing significant benefits to tenants. These incentives are in the form of tax credits, grants, and other assistance.
Innovation Research Park @ ODU provides a full suite of business services for companies in all stages of development, from start-up to maturity.
- Business Incubator and Accelerator Services:
- Business plan development
- Marketing and PR assistance
- Financing Strategy and access
- Market research and sizing capabilities
- Corporate formation and operations
- Access to World Renowned Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Development Platform
- Aggressive Technology Transfer and Licensing Programs
- Partnership with world-class faculty and researchers
- Motivated, capable student workforce (intern, co-ops)
- Custom training and employee development opportunities
- International relations and partnerships
Innovation Research park is located in the 75-acre mixed-use University Village complex on the east end of campus. The University Village provides a vibrant urban lifestyle complete with student apartments, restaurants, a fitness center, retail shops, a bookstore, the University gallery, a hotel and the Ted Constant Convocation Center.
The Ted Constant Convocation Center offers over 120 events each year including university basketball games, graduations, conferences, trade shows and concerts. Performers have included the Harlem Globetrotters, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Maroon 5, Green Day, Bruce Springsteen, Keith Urban and Sheryl Crow. It is approximately 215,000 square feet and features over 8,400 fixed seats with the ability to increase capacity to 9,000.
Other amenities include a new nine-hole links golf course, driving range and clubhouse, a first-class sailing center, the Child Development Center, which is a full-service, full-time day care facility for children ages 8 weeks to 3 years, and the new health and recreation center that features a climate-controlled indoor tennis center, a rock wall and state of the art workout facilities.
- Indoor and outdoor dining with an eclectic collection of restaurants, coffee shops and casual dining establishments
- Two parking decks with 2,300 spaces adjacent to IRP@ODU
- Ted Constant Convocation Center offering over 120 events per year
- Nine-hole golf course, 40-station driving range, 10,000 square-foot putting green and clubhouse
- Top-of-the-line Recreation and Wellness Center including cardiovascular and weight equipment, rock climbing wall, and indoor tennis center-Sailing center